Picnics in the Square is back bigger and brighter than ever, celebrating WA Pride Month!
Amidst a brand-new setup indulge in an artfully curated and vibrantly colourful picnic experience for two, crafted by The State Building’s SHOP 1875. You’ll also enjoy the finest treats from Teassential, Sue Lewis Chocolatier, Sweetcart Fairy Floss, and receive a complimentary coffee voucher to spend at Telegram.
Prepare to be dazzled and entertained by some of Perth’s most fabulous drag queens:
- Friday 3 November: Kiara Klimax & Miss Cara
- Friday 10 November: Prism & Lola Peluza
- Friday 17 November: Miss Cara & Liberty Genre
- Friday 24 November: Liberty Genre & Sassie Cassie
$55 for two people, each picnic contains:
- Ham and salad baguette – grated carrot, beetroot, cheddar cheese, ice berg, mayonnaise;
- Salad – Israeli cous cous, cherry tomato, cucumber, feta salad;
- Rainbow vanilla cupcakes; and
- Chocolate chip and M&M cookies.
Tickets are limited book here, you won’t want to miss out!
Picnics in the Square X Pride is in collaboration with Pride WA. Part proceeds from every ticket will go towards initiatives supporting the WA LGBTQIA+ community.
3 November Welcome to Country:
A Welcome to Country will be delivered by Walter McGuire, a Wadjuk Bibbulmun Noongar maam (prounced ‘marm’) and owner/ operator of Go Cultural Aboriginal Tours and Experiences, with his wife Meg McGuire. Their multi-award winning business is based right here on Bibbulmun Country in Perth, Western Australia.
As a proud descendent of several Bibbulmun tribal clans of the Southwest of WA, Walter continues ‘Telling the First Story” of Aboriginal People to local, inter-state customers and international visitors to Perth from all over the world.
- GF and VEG options available upon request. This event cannot cater for any other dietary requirements.
- Dietary requirements will need be emailed to [email protected] at a minimum of one week before the event.
- Please be aware we cannot guarantee that the food is free from traces of nuts.
Cathedral Square acknowledges the Whadjuk people of the Noongar Nation on which the precinct and entire City of Perth is built. We recognise their continuing connection to the land, waters and community of this area and pay our respects to their elders past, present and future in the spirit of reconciliation.